CEED Tech proved to be a rather intense period in the life of our accelerator. On one hand we had to attend to the specific needs of the program, which resulted in active FIWARE technical and Business support. On the other hand, as usual run of the business we provided ongoing mentoring and other business functions. The numbers: we ran a total of 26 various workshops and hands-on FIWARE tutorials, Q&A sessions and FIWARE alumni trainings by earler cohort alumn. Our startups spoke and we listened: based on their requests we added office hours, additional presentations as well as 5 Speed mentoring sessions over the run of the program.
At the 2nd batch of the CEED TECH acceleration program Digital Factory involved about 44 local and international mentors who came from all walks of life: managers, successful entrepreneurs, VCs, business angels, technical mentors, experts. Many of these meetings were double whammy as some of our mentors can be a potential investor for the teams as well. During the acceleration we helped the teams in many tactical and strategic issues – how to approach, reach out, negotiate and interact with potential investors.
Budapest is a generalist city at this point and we were too – our startups are varied, ranging from ICT through IoT to the more traditional and yet to be awakened ‘sleeping’ industries. One thing is sure, in terms of market size our teams dreamed big and we are really proud of all of them!
- Motoglobe.eu: Web and mobile app for motorcycle riders – community, database of routes, and other additional services for the niche.
- PixPay: Pixpay is an m-commerce enabler platform, allowing mobile apps to turn their visitors into buyers by making images interactive. Items displayed on images can be purchased through PixPay in exchange for a payment arrangement fee.
- BookrKids: Multilingual, interactive children’s book platform and app to improve reading skills and comprehension.
- CeeCommerce.com: Smart, innovative virtual shipping platform for online and offline retailers.
- Recycling Market: Online B2B marketplace for recyclable waste, aggregating supply and demand of this fragmented market.
- MoowFarm: Cloud-based smart agriculture hardware and app to improve animal health issues and control milk production.
- Syncee: Integrated e-commerce data feed supplier, connection developer and manager.
- Slamby: Text based big data processing and information management platform.
- MachineryGuide: Smart-agriculture application for small and medium farms to reduce waste and increase efficiency.
- Roiminer: Automatized AdWords campaigns.
- Everrip: Online memorial site and planning service solution.